Bar End Indicators

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
No more leaning the bike against a wall!

Peter B
Bristol, UK.
STILL WANTED: Series 'A' Front Frame

timetraveller

VOC Member
What suits me is mirrors in each end of the handlebars, two indicators to the front, mounted using the holes to the rear of the lower link to take brackets which then protrude out between the fork blades and spring boxes and two to the rear using the top of the rear seat stays (make sure any passenger does not obscure these two). If top boxes or panniers are used then the two rear ones might need to be repositioned. My indicators and relay came from Vehicle Wiring Products with whom I have no connection.

Colin

VOC Member
Like Norman, I like a bar end mirror on each end of the handlebars. As I have Eglis (a Godet twin and a Smith single) my front indicators are the mounting bolts for the head lamp. and the rear ones (on the twin) are on a cross bracket mounted behind the rear number plate, and (on the Comet) on wide brackets to the rear of a custom made carrier.
Donkeys years ago I made flashers that fitted on a band round the wrist of my riding gauntlets. A flat 6 volt bell battery provided the power and the "flashing" was produced by having a flat contact on thumb and first finger and I simply opened and closed my finger and thumb! with my arm outstretched! It was quite good really, considering it was about 1000 years before flashers were regularly fitted to bikes. I;ve no idea what happened to it but I still have my large Brown leather gauntlets, they in turn have a white reflective disc on an elastic band round the wrist. You stuck your hand out and the" candle glow " from the car behind lit up the disc Modern technology at it's simple best!!!

Colin

VOC Member
I should have also said the flasher light was also sewn (Yes SEWN on) to the broad bit of the gauntlet, my Mum was clever at things like that.Nothing whatsoever to do with Vins or flashers but yesterday evening I wore the Scout shirt that my Mum made for me about 64 years ago to a Scout re union meeting. Mum made things to last.!!

Williegunn

Non-VOC Member
yesterday evening I wore the Scout shirt that my Mum made for me about 64 years ago to a Scout re union meeting. Mum made things to last.!!
Did she make it out of elastic or have you a magic wardrobe? Everything I store for more than a year seems to shrink especially around the waste!

Colin

VOC Member
Believe it or not, Williegunn, I am exactly the same size as I was at 15, well almost, but it did still fit. I put it all down to living a chaste and blameless life, or something like that:rolleyes::)

vibrac

VOC Member
A a recent motorcycle trade fair I saw a German company with some very bright flasher LED units that were no bigger than the top of a fountain pen and even more amazing the flasher unit was the same size (no thinner!) as a Japanese push connector, just the job for hiding on a classic bike. The manufacturer was aiming for spring launch so I will keep an eye open.