Bar End Indicators

stu spalding

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Having been knocked off my bike by an idiot who failed to notice a 60 watt H4 main beam I can only assume that there are car drivers out there who will not be alerted by any kind of indicator. The only thing to do is treat all car drivers as blind morons, even then you'll get caught out. Cheers, Stu.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Having been knocked off my bike by an idiot who failed to notice a 60 watt H4 main beam I can only assume that there are car drivers out there who will not be alerted by any kind of indicator. The only thing to do is treat all car drivers as blind morons, even then you'll get caught out. Cheers, Stu.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get me. I always assume that every car driver is intent on killing me. Like fighter pilots who paint the number of kills on the nose of their aircraft, I imagine that the majority of car drivers want to do the same. I imagine they meet secretly to argue the exchange rate of pedestrian vs bicyclist vs what ever so that they can claim the status of "Ace".
Steven

oexing

VOC Member
No matter what you put on the bike, it will not help much to warn blind car drivers. I would not waste any time on adding flash lights when they are not required. The only time these might be useful is at night when a hand turn signal cannot be seen. But then I don´t drive at night any more when I can help it.

Vic

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Can't agree.
Just imagine disabling the turn indicators on your car or truck and then taking it out in traffic.
It would be unthinkable and illegal here.
But I should be OK on a motorcycle?

Its just safer for you if you can let other motorists know your intentions. Not all of them are idiots on cellphones. Most do want to know if you are about to turn left or right, stop etc. It's tough for them when you can't tell them what's about to happen because one hand is busy doing throttle or brake, the other clutch.

Glen

Last edited:

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
While I think all car drivers are out to bring about my early and untimely demise, I am not about to give them any help or excuses. I believe most motorists on the road these days to be entirely ignorant of hand signals. I also believe they have the attention span of gnats with ADHD. There for I have fitted flashing turn indicators to all my bikes that didn't come with them originally. The last thing I want is when one of these individuals hits me is for him to get off of some charge because he momentarily looked away when I gave a hand signal to indicate my turn. Prior to commencing my turn I indicate my intention and I don't turn it off until I have completed it.
Steven