Bar End Indicators

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
It's not Vincent but might be of interest to someone building a special. The 2019 model BMW S1000RR has no rear light at all it's function is integrated into the multicolour LED indicator stalks, so in normal riding both show red, intensity increases when braking, I don't yet know what happens when you brake and indicate at the same time! I'll have to make a point of looking.
Cheers Bill

vibrac

VOC Member
Thankfully not having the slightest idea of metric distances over 90mm (wonder why that limit is in my consciousness;)) till I measure them, I have just checked my alphabet twin and it seems that those indicators as shown in post #15 are 280mm front and 230mm rear spacing so it seems you would have to go some and have a strange sense of humor to mount at less than the prescribed widths. especially as the tester is allowed to judge by eye.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I cannot see to many applications when you would install less than 180mm, where had you mounted them, on the front I would always favour the headlamp mounting bolts, albeit adapted a little, I think even 6 1/2 inch headlamp mounted indicators would just about conform to required distance.
Relates to #15

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Really nice unit, where do I put the mirror?

I used these on the Glenli as they are bright fore and aft, are at the widest point on the motorcycle and they allow fitment of bar end mirrors. They are made by Oberon.
When not acting as turn indicators they run at a steady lower intensity as running lights.
The front LED indicators and the rear wrap-around multi function LED are all hooked up to a self cancelling module.
For the rear light, ignition on gives a low intensity running light, same as at the front indicators.
Brake on gives steady higher intensity. Flasher on flashes one half of the strip at high intensity. If the brake is on and the flasher is on then the non flashing half is at steady high intensity.
Glen

IMG_20190512_110215.jpgIMG_20190512_110104.jpgIMG_20190512_110139.jpgIMG_20190512_110215.jpg

ernie

VOC Assistant Secretary
VOC Member
IMHO indicators on a motorcycle which are not self cancelling and do not comply with C & U regs are dangerous.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Riding in traffic these days without any kind of turn signal, self cancelling or not, is suicidal at best. I've gone to make a left at an intersection, had my signal on as I approached, slowed to make a turn and as I leaned into the turn the Jack**s behind me came around on my left.
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes I find getting the Acetylene to flicker at the prescribed rate on my belt drive Douglas is difficult but thats1925 technology for you
and the mag on my OHC Velocette has enough trouble just lighting the bonfire.
I am afraid the only solution is to position yourself well on the road, and avoid towns

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
IMHO indicators on a motorcycle which are not self cancelling and do not comply with C & U regs are dangerous.
hyper-lite LED indicators - small but ultra bright - and they do not cost the earth