Parts Bar End Indicators

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Peter my handsome, do like Stuart Jenkinson does and put antenna on his helmet and small diameter mirrors so he has all round vision with a slight turn of his head, but for his last few years of motorcycling I think he only had his right antenna working. Smart practical man with two heads lamps as I did the same with a British and a continental lamp & lens in each as still doing more miles overseas than UK. Or still hoping to when I get strong enough to squeeze on the front brake.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am a great believer in road positioning as my first line of defense all those decades I rode without winkers when nothing I rode could support them. indeed 4 of my bikes do not have an electricity supply even today (winkers are hard with carbide lights) so on them like earlier days I am managing a brief right hand between gear changes
I would not loose my bar end mirrors for winkers my winkers are small but bright but I have added strip leds to the bottom of my number plate on the brake light circuit
IMG_2045.JPG

Last edited:

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
There are numerous bar end mirrors turn indicator combinations available now, including Oberon.
I put some expensive Oberon units on the 1360 and some cheap items on the Norton 920. Both do the job OK, can't say one is better than the other.
The bar ends indicators put the lights at the widest part of the bike which has to be better for safety.
The bar end mirrors are also in the right spot. You see the road and traffic behind, not your arms!
The convex shape seems to work much better than flat mirror glass.
The rear light is a Flexible array of LEDs mounted in a black silicone rubber body with a 3m self adhesive strip at back.
The light is a combo tail light , brake light and left/right turn indicators. Cost was just over $5 shipped.
It appears to be a better item than the custom rear light for the 1360. It is similar but is mounted in a lower quality acrylic housing. Cost for that unit was about $250.

Glen
Screenshot_20220301-073239.png

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
If really is a simple job to emphasise your stop light get a strip of 12v LED on ebay get a piece of thin alloy sheet place at rear of number plate with rolled bottom edge to hold strip it sits along the bottom of your numberplate almost unseen till the brake light comes on!
1646154026729.png