Banjo union pipe for Comet

delboy

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
But on my Comet, the metal pipe welded on the oil tank to which A58AS is connected is 3/8"and not 5/16". So on my bike the two oil hoses (feed and return) are in 3/8" as we can see (with a magnifying glass) on fig.95 page 187 of the Richardson and as I seen on an other Comet in France. Surprising isn't it, and reason for all this confusion !
Some one has an explanation or a hypothesis ?

PS: all the other hoses are well in 5/16".
Hi Michel,
I have my hands up and apologise to all, I have led astray!
I have just checked [what appear to be original] two oil tanks and you are quite right, the return metal pipe at the bottom of the oil tanks are 3/8"OD.
Another one that I have looks like a replica tank and has a 5/16" pipe. I must've had that in my minds eye.
So yes, it would appear that the return AND the feed would use A29 banjo's and 3/8" ID rubber pipe too.
The smaller pipe banjos and ferrules just for the cylinder feed. [and petrol pipes]
Aren't pre-war's fun?
Cheers, Delboy.

Michel

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good morning everyone,
Which confirms what you wrote above, drawing 16 in The Altarnative Spare List A is wrong. I know what to order to put back the oil circuit as it was originally. I thank you all for your explanations which ended up establishing the truth (and particularly Simon and Delboy).
One last question, what is "Back to A" and where to buy it ? Because as said Delboy I schould have one.
I wish you a pleasant rainy Sunday.