Balance Beam

A-BCD

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I think the exploded drawing showed the beam in front for clarity, but it should be mounted between the fork tubes !! You must have used a big spacer and long bolt - and didn't the cables look a bit skewed ?? !!

davidd

VOC Member
You may want to drop Sam an email at the Vincent Works. The reason I thought the B's were different is that Carleton Palmer was loaning Mike Breeding some early B parts for duplication. It was Carleton that mentioned the different balance beam to me. Sam sells all Mikes Parts and he has been the source of many of the hard to find parts that Mike makes. Mike likes to sell to the domestic market, but Sam will supply anywhere and the parts are the same price. Sam is putting on the North American rally this year.

http://www.vincentworks.com/index.php

David

Albervin

VOC Member
Thanks everyone for the prompt and informative answers. Brian, I have the beam in between the fork tubes but the adjusters come perilously close to the spindles/nuts. David, I will check with Sam, I do note the VOC spares company sell the Series B balance beam so worth comparing.

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Is the BB drawn for clarity in front of the forks? All the Bs' I have seen have the BB between the tubes. I always thought that the C was a straightened B BB. Or perhaps the Bs' have been retro fitted with bent C BBs'. But then BB are hardly a high wear item.

Phelps.

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
More information at hand. The B BB is the original with bent ends. C BB were simply left unbent on the ends. The material used was such that during bending of the ends, a relatively high number fractured.

Phelps.