B/C Touring Mudguards

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Will Touring Guards from a C fit a B?. I am guessing the rear would but what about the front, are the fitments different for girdraulics and bramptons?

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Yes if they are second hand you will have a few more holes. Comet rear guard will not go on a twin?

davidd

VOC Member
Rob,

The rear touring guard is two pieces, as you would expect, but the touring guard that is mounted to the RFM is wide enough to need a contour in the side to clear the chain guard. So, the flaps are interchangeable, while the guard itself must be either a Comet or a twin. The rear stays are fine.

The front mud guard, as David mentioned, will fit either, but there are different stays due to the width of the guard. I usually weld up the holes and just mark new ones with the stays I plan to use. You can try to use the existing holes, but in all likelihood they will be a little off and cause the guard to twist.

David

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I thought I heard there was an issue with the width of the indentation for the front forks? Did the width of the indentation change in later mudguards to better fit Girdraulics, or was it the indentation didn't change, and one type of fork easily clears the non-indented portions, but the other type of fork comes close to being too wide for the indentation? Are Girdraulics wider from the front edge of the blade to the rear edge of the spring box than across the tubes of a Brampton? If so, how much?

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I thought I heard there was an issue with the width of the indentation for the front forks? Did the width of the indentation change in later mudguards to better fit Girdraulics, or was it the indentation didn't change, and one type of fork easily clears the non-indented portions, but the other type of fork comes close to being too wide for the indentation? Are Girdraulics wider from the front edge of the blade to the rear edge of the spring box than across the tubes of a Brampton? If so, how much?

When I built my "B" I used Touring Guards from a "C". A few years ago, Somer H. had a "B" Front Guard for sale and I got it to try. The "B" guard from Somer was exactly the same as the "C" guard I already had:confused:.... so, I returned it.
Cheers, John