Avon and the future

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dont panic but
Dunlop have just (accepted) shelled out 1.77Bn for Cooper tyre and rubber who own Avon.
Fingers crossed they dont scrap those tyre moulds
Tyres are one of those component pinch points we cant expect the spares company to solve....

rapide049

Non-VOC Member
Goodyear ??
Dont panic but
Dunlop have just (accepted) shelled out 1.77Bn for Cooper tyre and rubber who own Avon.
Fingers crossed they dont scrap those tyre moulds
Tyres are one of those component pinch points we cant expect the spares company to solve....

vibrac

VOC Member
The Headline for the sidebar in Dealer News for July said "Dunlop Parent Buys Avon" Goodyear is the holding company so it could be written I suppose 'Goodyear buys Cooper' but thats hardly informative although accurate

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I did panic, just purchased a replacement 90-90-21 Avon Road Rider to replace my existing half worn tyre, any valuable tips on storage, other than store in a dark environment.

Colin

VOC Member
I can just imagine Wendy's comment if she opened the fridge to find a tyre!!!

Flylow

VOC Member
V-rated (or W) 20" rear tyre is what they need to make. I bet they will sell at least 10 of them. I will buy two!

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Last year I made up another rear wheel for the "A" Rapide and made it using a 21" WM4 alloy flangless rim (same as the front) as I wanted it with higher gearing as for most of it's life had a 20" rear wheel the 19" WM3 wheel was put onto the "A" Comet. Now if I'm over geared I can go up a sprocket size but at 46 couldn't go down. Also reduce to one size of spare inner tube instead of two and a better choice of tyres and patterns .
bananaman.