Average age Vincent owner/VOC member - Number Vincents owned.

What is your age?

• 35-45

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • 46-55

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • 56-65

Votes: 37 30.8%
  • 66-75

Votes: 48 40.0%
  • 76-85

Votes: 16 13.3%
  • 86-95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15-35

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ben my son has a son Ruben he is interested in racing like his Dad and myself he did some kids off road but now has been riding with BMB on Go cart tracks
Here he is with a 6 year old Barry Sheen lookalike and Dad Ben sorting the bike
Its no good wrapping kids up in cotton wool they need something to get their teeth into and give them a rock in the coming torrent wave of teenage pressures about to break over them. And something to counter the brainwashing they get from the schools
In a couple of years he will be able to race that C15 in Vintage racing just like his Dad
As you can see in the second picture Ben started even younger

1589277450263.jpeg

1589278074476.png

Vince Farrell

VOC Member
1974 Photo taken in Christchurch NZ, Son Liam tries my 1949 HRD C 3 on a bike.jpgRapide for size.
I still have the bike, Liam is 50 in a couple of weeks and has his own Vincents to sit on. Neither of his Sisters Catherine & Sarah have been on a motorcycle since.

Vince Farrell

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
This needs to get bumped up beside the part 1
I also think that the data is better combined in one post. I've moved the posts and amended the thread title but don't see a way of moving the "number of Vincents owned poll itself". Maybe administrators, Graham or Steve can do this.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
A statistically inaccurate extrapolation from the votes so far...30 people are potentially 10-15 years away from selling their Vincents, myself included. That puts 30 Vincents on the market in a relatively short period.
How do we ensure that the increased supply doesnt push down prices?
Is there a way to encourage the new owners to become members of the VOC?
How do we encourage motorcycle restoration experts to learn the minutiae, the fine details of Vincent restoration, the adjustments..the operation?