Autumn comes

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It is conflicting information Bill, the official Esso website clearly states that Esso Synergy Supreme 99+ is free from any ethanol, but they are duty bound to put an E5 sticker on the pump, and the blurb states "up to 5% ethanol" I suppose that could mean from 0-5%, daft isn't, but some areas of the country does have ethanol in this grade of fuel, Devon. Cornwall, Wales, North England and Scotland, serves them right I say, that is their punishment for living in such beautiful places.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's funny , My Comet has started to stink again !,
Last time I blamed the Amal Mk2 , The slide is always WET,
But Chris L was right , I had a tiny leak on the tank,
Drop of Gorilla Glue sorted that 2 years ago !,
This time it's the olive going into the tap, Little smear of Red Hermertite,
Who said it don't work ??, Must be 20 years old that tube ?.
But I did find the tap is leaking inside , Just a drop.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Going back to the French rally where I saw Eric's mod for the first time with Mr Speet having a test ride and commented that it seemed better but he was riding a Comet (being lighter) same as Ted Davis doing the break test on Vincent's in production days he got shorter distance on Comets than twins. The thing is using the balance beam leave it with a standard look but so much easier to remove the wheel
bananaman.
MY "A" RAP BRAKE THAT HARVEY BOUGHT ME AS WE BOTH HAD PROBLEMS IN TASMANIA 2017 TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH PETER BENDER SO I BUILT THE WHEELS AND LACED UP CROSS FOUR WITH 21" WM3 FOR HARVEY AND 21" WM 4 ON MINE WITH ONLY 20 P.S.I. AND WITH THE BIGGER SECTION GIVE A BETTER RIDE. OUTSIDE SPOKES TURN BACK AND INNER FACE FORWARD FOR WHEEL BUILDING THREAD.
IMG_1396.jpeg

HERE ON THIS SIDE ERIC HAS AN OMEGA LINK TO BYPASS WHEEL SPINDLE SO I LEFT MINE LONGER WITH EVEN MORE LEVERAGE AND STILL A FIRM BRAKE ACTION
IMG_1397.jpeg

erik

VOC Member
Maybe onr girdraulic fork the geometry is slightly different than on your bramptons .The balance beam can be in a position that is easier to pass the tommibar? Erik

vibrac

VOC Member
I cant believe that a week or so ago in north Spain I was higher than Ben Nevis and when I parked the Comet I had to take my riding jacket off it was so hot.