Misc: Everything Else Auto electricians

timell

Forum User
VOC Member
I need to make some fairly significant improvements and additions to the loom on my Comet, and as I'm no auto electrician wondered if there are any recommendations for someone in my area Rutland, Cambs, Lincs, Leics? A mobile fellow would be the ideal, but I can travel with the bike if necessary, however it is an outfit and so doesn't work for all workshops.
I did try a search as I'm sure I've seen someone mentioned in the past, but it didn't throw anything up......
Many thanks,
Tim

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I need to make some fairly significant improvements and additions to the loom on my Comet, and as I'm no auto electrician wondered if there are any recommendations for someone in my area Rutland, Cambs, Lincs, Leics? A mobile fellow would be the ideal, but I can travel with the bike if necessary, however it is an outfit and so doesn't work for all workshops.
I did try a search as I'm sure I've seen someone mentioned in the past, but it didn't throw anything up......
Many thanks,
Tim

Tim,
There is a chap called Ferret that advertises in bike mags & has been mentioned on the Forum.
He has a very good reputation for his work but from what I've read you should be sitting down when you get the quote.
Cheers
Dave

timell

Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for the replies and messages everyone. I'll give Ferret a call, but if anyone knows of someone closer to my location that might prove be helpful too?

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Ferret is very good at what he does, but last time he visited me he wanted to take my Comet back to his workshop to do the work, I refused as I knew nothing about him or his workshop, he left in a bad mood as he said I had wasted his valuable time, previously he had worked on my Honda CB77 fitting indicators, super job he did to, but he was happy on that occasion to do that on my premises.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Many thanks,
Tim
The ONLY way you become confident is by doing. Give it a go yourself and if it does not work out as you expected - do it again, Those who do no make mistakes never learn.

Just take it one circuit at a time " poco poco"

vibrac

VOC Member
Martyn is right you cannot get a more simple wiring set than a Vincent I found the answer for me was the ability to make reliable connectors its easy to practice get a small pencil flame tool some connectors, solder and make a few out of scrap wire also as a basis a new loom is available at last from Vincent Spares (VOCSC)

Rob H

VOC Member
You should try to do this yourself, at least try once
It is not complicated once you get into it, especially on a vincent which there are only a few wires.
All wires and connectors can be bought cheaply from Vehicle Wiring Products.