Auction this Sunday

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
auction

I make Albervin right ,too many variables on the Lighting! The shadow seems the best bet- restored at chateau Godet can't do it too much harm? Be careful out there-Roy.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
France

I see that the Shadow went for 51000E I would be intrested to see how much the rep. lightning made

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
french auction

The shadow was listed as the top seller, reckon on the "lightning "was a no -go, not surprised. This was to me a "got-up" lot as we say in "the trade", I hope the seller has it well+truly stuck up his "harris! Keep your hands in your pockets if in any doubts. Roy.

Albervin

VOC Member
The shadow was listed as the top seller, reckon on the "lightning "was a no -go, not surprised. This was to me a "got-up" lot as we say in "the trade", I hope the seller has it well+truly stuck up his "harris! Keep your hands in your pockets if in any doubts. Roy.
The problem is sometimes not entirely of the current vendor's making. I believe there were many people taken in by Davis over the years. I was! My first Comet came from Atlantic Motorcycle via Davis & it was a total heap of worn out parts thrown together to make a tidy profit. It cost me dearly but I persisted & after 20 years it has been retired to the corner of the shed because the "A" & "B" are more fun (& reliable). IF the current vendor of the Lightning Replica IS responsible for it then he or she deserves everything that comes their way. I note that Atlantic have a "well known" Lightning for sale at a bargain price of £115,000. Anyone know anything about it?:rolleyes: