Auction Results

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Wasn't the Victor part of the late Ted Davis's collection? If so that explains the Furness & Searle connection or did they build him a replica?

davidd

VOC Member
Pip Harper took me to see the Victor in the late 1970's. Pip had made an entire set of "D" moulds and built frames for the rear tubs. When he was planning to build the rear frame, he bought a spare one from Ted Davis to cut apart. After he cut it apart, he was examining it and one could see the original decal. He showed it to me and it was a Victor decal. He said, had he seen it he never would have cut it apart. In fact, Pip built a very nice replica of the Victor, which is why he had cultivated access to the original. I do not know what happened to Pip's copy, but it could have easily been taken for an original.

David

vibrac

VOC Member
Plenty of Victor transfers at the club shop
Cromer in Norfolk is over 100 miles from Stevenage I cant remember where F&S were but I think I would have remembered Cromer.
I seem to remember that there were 2 Victors one was with Pete Busby from the Oxford Section who emigrated to the IOM back in the 60's

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Cromer, Hertfordshire,Near Walkern, Near Stevenage, Series A and Sidecar Rally, not Cromer, Norfolk. Mind you, nice crabs from there I believe.
Plenty of Victor transfers at the club shop
Cromer in Norfolk is over 100 miles from Stevenage I cant remember where F&S were but I think I would have remembered Cromer.
I seem to remember that there were 2 Victors one was with Pete Busby from the Oxford Section who emigrated to the IOM back in the 60's

mercurycrest

VOC Member
On page 212 of The vincent HRD Story, it's stated that: One Victor only was made and a Series D comet was assembled and "clothed" for the1954 Show but not included in the 'open' range"
Cheers, John

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I am surprised the club shop has plenty of Victor transfers, it does pose the question, what do they intend to do with them?

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
according to bonhams catalogue blurb " reg no mnr 956 frame rd 12538 engine f5ab/3a/10638" has v o c cetificate of authenticity! perhaps we should invite a response from "Mr authenticity".

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
Cromer, Hertfordshire,Near Walkern, Near Stevenage, Series A and Sidecar Rally, not Cromer, Norfolk. Mind you, nice crabs from there I believe.

A certain Chief Development Engineer once lived in Cromer Mill, Cromer, Herts. It was from there that he flogged me a twin cylinder Amanda engine for £8, assuring me that it was perfect as an 'in board' for the Norfolk (USA) Sharpie, a gaff rigged sloop, that I had built. I was 14 at the time and it wasn't. Still who else can claim to have bought an unused twin cylinder Vincent for £8 and at the tender age of fourteen?

mercurycrest

VOC Member
according to bonhams catalogue blurb " reg no mnr 956 frame rd 12538 engine f5ab/3a/10638" has v o c cetificate of authenticity! perhaps we should invite a response from "Mr authenticity".

It's already been done..... Dave hills has known of this bike since 1963.
Cheers, John