Armours front pipe for a comet.

B

Bikersally

I'm planning on buying a front stainless pipe for a comet from Armours. Has anyone bought one and how was the fit?

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
No experience of vin pipes, my good pal bought a pair for his douglas plus 90 from armours, returned them in person with a pot of vaseline-enough said?

ossie

VOC Member
i have a pair on my shadow .
they do stand away rom the timing cover a bit opposed to the ones i took off.
you do need to be able to make the flange .endpeice the right angle to fit your bike.
i made top hat fittings and brazed the in the end of the pipes.
i should really cut more off the pipe and make them lift up and fit closer to the timing case .
they are stainless and do loose their shine when they get hot opposed to the chrome ones i took off due to wear and tear [dents etc]
OSSIE

B

Bikersally

The silencer is good. Well impressed with it. For sure the stainless is not as bright as the chrome but that doesn't bother me, just want something that is reasonably easy to fit. Thanks for all your advice.

tim welsh

Non-VOC Member
Fitted a stainless pipe from them on the comet last year, fit not perfect but ok, had to tweak the mounting bracket welded on half way down the pipe. cant complain for the price.

B

Bikersally

Fitted a stainless pipe from them on the comet last year, fit not perfect but ok, had to tweak the mounting bracket welded on half way down the pipe. cant complain for the price.

I've asked them to leave that bracket 'off' the pipe. I'll have that welded on once it's fitted as it's got a DH stand on it.

nkt267

VOC Member
Fitted a stainless pipe from them on the comet last year, fit not perfect but ok, had to tweak the mounting bracket welded on half way down the pipe
My, 'Official' made on the original machine,front pipe was the same..John

Black Flash

VOC Member
I fitted one years ago and the pipe fitted very well, though it could be a bit closer to the timing cover.
Jack Barker also fitted one or two and they also fitted very well although closer to the timing cover than mine.
I think it all depends on how exactly you make the flange. With Jacks huge experience he simply got the flange better than I did

HTH
Bernd