Are you still on the road? Comet C Reg No. RUA 388.

Candolim67

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have just registered for the site, and used to own the above machine. Parted company in 1965 to pay for wedding photos! sold to a chap from Stockport after it carried me for many hours / miles between several RAF bases and home. I used to belong the VOC whilst stationed at RAF Honington, John Thompson was the local VOC Branch organiser, is he also still out there? I have some history of the bike if the current owner is interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 51

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Nothing with DVLA so gone abroad or gone to the scrapy (but 1965 was late for that to happen) My guess is all 3 bits UFM,RFM & engine) are attched to other Vincents (big and small) somewhere. If you have frame and engine numbers you could start a quest...

Len Matthews

VOC Member
I have just registered for the site, and used to own the above machine. Parted company in 1965 to pay for wedding photos! sold to a chap from Stockport after it carried me for many hours / miles between several RAF bases and home. I used to belong the VOC whilst stationed at RAF Honington, John Thompson was the local VOC Branch organiser, is he also still out there? I have some history of the bike if the current owner is interested.

John Thompson is still around but does not enjoy the best of health but the Norfolk Section is thriving these days with some very enthusiatic members.

Candolim67

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for that, would be sorry to think the bike has been blitzed, I kept it in pristine condition as can be seen from the photo taken outside my " digs " at RAF Honington. Sadly don't have any frame / engine numbers to help with my search either, would VOC have archived records? it would have been registered with them .

Candolim67

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for that Len, great to hear that John is still around but sorry to hear of the health issue. If you are in touch with him, ask if he by any chance remembers the young RAF lad from Honington. Seem to remember him or another member of the Norfolk section telling the story of acquiring some old property and finding a brand new crated Rapide or Shadow in a loft, everybody's dream!. I'm new to the site, but cannot view any photos. Message tells me to register to gain access which I have done, it shows that I am logged on but still no joy, any ideas?

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Thanks for that Len, great to hear that John is still around but sorry to hear of the health issue. If you are in touch with him, ask if he by any chance remembers the young RAF lad from Honington. Seem to remember him or another member of the Norfolk section telling the story of acquiring some old property and finding a brand new crated Rapide or Shadow in a loft, everybody's dream!. I'm new to the site, but cannot view any photos. Message tells me to register to gain access which I have done, it shows that I am logged on but still no joy, any ideas?

Since my original post I have learn that John has suffered the loss of his wife so any contact with him will have to be put on hold for a while.