Are you not seeing all the things you usually see on the VOC Forum?

• Thread starter Graham Smith
  • Start date
G

Graham Smith

As announced on the VOC Members part of this forum a week or so ago, all members have now been reverted back to non-Member status.

This change has been necessary due to the introduction of a new Membership Number system a few months ago.

To upgrade your forum membership, please follow these simple instructions...

1. At the top of the screen towards the far right, click on ‘Settings.'

2. In the boxes on the left of the screen you will find ‘My Settings’ / ‘My Account’ / ‘Permission Groups’. Click on ‘Permission Groups’.

3. There will be just one additional group for you to join - click on the first ‘Join Group’ button and then second ‘Join Group’ button to take you to the next page.

4. Next you need to input your NEW membership number, name, address and postcode as held by the Club in the following format ‘12345AB — Mr J Bloggs — 123 High Street, Anytown, Anyshire AB12 3CD’. If you don’t have access to this information, check the envelope that your last copy of MPH came in.

5. When you have input the correct information into the relevant box, click on the ‘Send Request’ button.

6. Once you submit this form, your request to give you full access to this forum will be placed in a queue. Unfortunately this request has to be carried out manually by Club Volunteers and may take some time — please be patient!

Last edited by a moderator:

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The main problem here is that very few people keep their MPH envelope so will second guess what is actually written. I suppose our latest edition is not too far away and in reality we are not missing too much action as there will be very little posted on Members only. Does this mean us colonials miss out on the electronic floggers corner??? Sacre Bleu and merde......

G

Graham Smith

Sitting here under the newly-refurbished Cutty Sark, it appears a few of the early upgraders still don't get access to some of the pages that they used to.

Please feel free to post any problems here and I'll sort them out when I get home.

Graham

Ps. The Cutty Sark is amazing. Well worth a look if you're anywhere near.

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
Its taking me longer than it should because people are just giving their membership number and not their whole address.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
When I click on my usual link to get to the forum I get the following message

VOC Forum Message
Comet Rider, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home .

I'm now switched to blue (Thanks Tracey and Graham) so everything should be OK shouldn't it?

Neil

craig

VOC Member
so everybody is a non-member now? i went thru the join groups process, but the final message was not satisfying. I forget what the message was , but not good
I hope the info went thru
Cheers
I hope everyone becomes a member again soon!
search forum for "membership" and read instructions
Craig

Tracey Tilley

VOC Member
I am getting an error message when I convert people to blue. I have mailed Graham and I hope he can fix it.

G

Graham Smith

Tracey's obviously been busy today upgrading people, and I've just finished off the ones that are outstanding.

I think a few people may have sent me forum PMs today, but unfortunately my forum mailbox was full. Please do try to send any messages again - there should be enough room now.

Sorry Tracey, I've been unable to replicate your error message.

If anyone else has any further questions etc, please do contact me.

Graham

G

Graham Smith

When I click on my usual link to get to the forum I get the following message

VOC Forum Message
Comet Rider, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home .

I'm now switched to blue (Thanks Tracey and Graham) so everything should be OK shouldn't it?

Neil

How's it looking now Neil - are you still having the same problem?