are we all sitting on potential goldmines?

lindie

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vincent-hrd-o...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

0 bids admittedly but sounds more value for money than the "unfinished project" folded in half sheet of paper, "build your own paper plane kit" that went for a hundred or so bob over here.

just had a peruse through ebay uk for "vincent". so far the oil stains about the only viable item in regards condition and affordability. are there that many people out there hocking off their rejects and seconds? i lent my rfm to a mate to be abrasive blasted for a week. i'm now wondering if having it out of my presence for that long shouldn't have caused more stress with the item that just went on your side of the pond for 2K. i tend to disbelieve the bulk of that "an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it" ****. many over here get their chequebooks out and wave their dicks around with site and online auctions that give licence to every numbnuts to decide they're going to double the price of the dregs that they've failed to move at autojumbles for the past twenty years brandishing the ebay sale as justification, knowing some other dodo will suddenly grab it up at the new high price and decree it a bargain. ebay ****s me.

peterg

Non-VOC Member
Howdie Lindie,

You are most brave, I would not have trusted Mother Theresa with my matching number RFM here, instead electing to clean it up lovingly myself with wire wheels on an angle grinder and scotchbrite pads.

Attachments

• vin9.jpg
    vin9.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 50
  • bsoverview-8.jpg
    bsoverview-8.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Oil leak

I would only be interested if it's a pre war oil leak stain. I already have plenty of post war oil leak stains.:D

Alan J

VOC Member
oil .

Iv'e got a good supply of oil stained cardboard boxes {flattened} under my old "British Iron"-any offers over one dollar|£ or Euro??:eek::eek::eek:

indianken

Non-VOC Member
stain on ebay

I've got a good supply of oil stained cardboard boxes {flattened} under my old "British Iron"-any offers over one dollar|£ or Euro??:eek::eek::eek:

My next EBAY ad,

I have access to a dress, known to have being worn during a tryst with my former president, Bill Clinton. Minor stain on front. DNA report on dress extra.

BUY IT NOW $100,000

Albervin

VOC Member
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vincent-hrd-o...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

0 bids admittedly but sounds more value for money than the "unfinished project" folded in half sheet of paper, "build your own paper plane kit" that went for a hundred or so bob over here.

just had a peruse through ebay uk for "vincent". so far the oil stains about the only viable item in regards condition and affordability. are there that many people out there hocking off their rejects and seconds? i lent my rfm to a mate to be abrasive blasted for a week. i'm now wondering if having it out of my presence for that long shouldn't have caused more stress with the item that just went on your side of the pond for 2K. i tend to disbelieve the bulk of that "an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it" ****. many over here get their chequebooks out and wave their dicks around with site and online auctions that give licence to every numbnuts to decide they're going to double the price of the dregs that they've failed to move at autojumbles for the past twenty years brandishing the ebay sale as justification, knowing some other dodo will suddenly grab it up at the new high price and decree it a bargain. ebay ****s me.
The number of Vincent parts that have been given to me & that I have given to others over the years would be dozens. I am talking about "useful" stuff too not garbage. I have "almost" been seduced by e-bay but resisted. I have a genuine cheque written by PCV that I was going to raffle at the International in 2007, I now am at a loss as to how to sell it. What is it worth (I have another one that I want to keep) to me or someone else?
As a little experiment, IF the keeper of the forum allows it, I may try to auction it (on the VOC members only forum) to people who can supply their membership number. Any ridiculous bids by Bill Gates or Warren Buffet will be ignored! Funds raised will be be re-invested in VOCS parts.

lindie

Non-VOC Member
"The number of Vincent parts that have been given to me & that I have given to others over the years would be dozens. I am talking about "useful" stuff too not garbage."

have found recently that owners who are building their own vin are far from tightarses. i don't doubt buyers are the same, but found in the last month locally help and advice from a bloke who i barely know who'd like to see my rapide together as much as i'm keen to have his on the road. has swapped a few small components and know how already and was happier with a trade of bits than money. or at least i hope so or i'm out a dynamo.