Anyone know the rider & machine

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I'm just going through some old photos and paperwork we've been given to look at in the Machine Dating Service Dept. and came across this photo.
It's clearly in the 1960's looking at the vans in the background and more than likely in the UK.
Does anyone recognise the rider ?
Thanks
Jon Lambley
Machine Researcher
research998@voc.uk.com

JL280820.jpg

delboy

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm just going through some old photos and paperwork we've been given to look at in the Machine Dating Service Dept. and came across this photo.
It's clearly in the 1960's looking at the vans in the background and more than likely in the UK.
Thanks
Jon Lambley
Machine Researcher
research998@voc.uk.com

View attachment 36994
George Breach methinks.
Delboy.

timetraveller

VOC Member
If you send the engine number to the Machine Registrar he might be able to give you some history of the engine. The Norton frame is another matter unless the bike is already known to the club.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
sorry for the off topic request but I'm looking for information on a Norvin I bought and I'm not sure exactly who to ask or which email to use, can you help?
BSA owner, just send me details to the above email. Please include clear photos of the engine number and crankcase mating numbers and I'll tell you all about it.
Cheers
Jon Lambley
Machine Researcher

Ken Tidswell

VOC Member
Thanks
Jon Lambley
Machine Researcher
research998@voc.uk.com

View attachment 36994
Actually the
Rev George Breach

timetraveller

VOC Member
It was George Breech who got me to try racing. I was a young chap with a Black Shadow and went to a race meeting somewhere. I got talking to someone, as one does, and he said that with a nice bike like that I should try racing. I had never considered it before. That was George.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
It was George Breech who got me to try racing. I was a young chap with a Black Shadow and went to a race meeting somewhere. I got talking to someone, as one does, and he said that with a nice bike like that I should try racing. I had never considered it before. That was George.
Looks like its George Breech then. Thanks