Anyone know setting and part numbers for jets etc to make a Mikuni VM28 work for twin

Steve F

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have managed to get hold of a decent pair of VM28 carbs. Looking through the various postings I can see folks have listed their settings for VM30 and VM32, but I cannot find anything for the VM28. Somewhere I have seen it suggested that the settings are the same - as a good starting point - from one VM to another, not sure if that's a reasonable statement. Better still can somebody give me all the part numbers of all the variables and variable setting eg needle position.

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Steve,
I've got VM28s on my Shadow with Mk2 cams. I got a little curious as to what everyone was running on their Mikunis so I compiled this table below from various folks who said they were running Mikunis on their Vincents. I used the Mikuni catalog to get the dimensions of the needles and the jets to calculate annulus created by the Jet Needle and the Needle Jet. The settings I am currently using are listed in the last row. I wasn't able to get a 3.0 slide so I took a 2.5 slide and set it in a V block on a sine plate and milled it. If you can't read the table PM me, I've got it in a PDF but the file size is to large for the forum. I'm at work right now so I don't know what my needle setting is, but I've got it in my notes. I'll post it later.
Hope this helps.
Steven M.
Jets.jpg

Bracker1

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This might be the most complete answer to a question on the forum.. ever. I think this should be printed to the MPH. Thanks Steve.