Anyone in the Grimsby, Lincs area? Dad's in Hospital

minivin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I dunno whether anyone would be kind enough to possibly pay a visit, if they are in the area. Dad unfortunately broke a bone in his ankle while on holiday to the Grimsby area and is now in hospital in the Diane, Princess of Wales hospital.

I and my uncle did a round trip yesterday to recover mother and the parents car, but unfortunately living 240 miles away we are a bit stuck with visiting him on a regular basis. We are hoping he is going to be able to be transferred back down to Salisbury hospital in the near future, but till then he's going to be bored very quickly, even though I dropped him off a copy of Old Bike Mart and Motor Cycle News.

He's presently in the Kendall ward (C1) and can have visitors between 14:30 to 16:00 and 18:30 to 20:00. If anyone could possibly pop their head around the door, it would be most appreciated!. Name is Ivor Owen Vincent

Robert Vincent

minivin

VOC Member
Oh well, thought I'd have had some sort of response. Anyway, he's going under the knife tomorrow, so shall have to see what develops......

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Oh well, thought I'd have had some sort of response. Anyway, he's going under the knife tomorrow, so shall have to see what develops......

Belated good wishes for a successful operation and speedy recovery.

Sadly I'm more than 240 miles away or would have been delighted to assist.

Have you tried Mick at the Avalon Hotel? He's in that neck of the woods and a massive all things Vincent fan, and a decent bloke.

Stuart

minivin

VOC Member
Hello Stuart, thanks for the message, after a week of medication and an operation last week, the latest we have heard is that dad is going to get transferred back down to Salisbury in the next few days. So hopefully we should have some good news over the next day or so

Rob

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Good to hear of good progress. Wish him well and a speedy recovery. Parents are wonderful things and worth telling them that. Glad I took the opportunity to let my Dad know how much I loved him when I could - three and a half years since he left us and I still find myself in the garage picking up the phone, dialling his number to just ask "how does this bit work...." before remembering he's not here anymore.

Dad and I marshalled at Cadwell for a Classic Race Day in the 1970's - "do you know what we are doing son?" he said.... "yes I replied.....(wasn't it obvious) - marshalling.

"No..." he says..."we're making memories that you'll have for many years to come..."

He was so right....could be a complete pain in the proverbial, but a wonderful engineer, never known him ever to be beaten and unable to repair anything....and I miss him loads.

He's around though.....if we meet sometime Rob I'll tell you the story about the engine number on a Honda Superdream I bought.

Rob - take care of your Dad, treasure him and make loads of memories together.....wish him well for a speedy and total recovery.

Cheers

Stuart

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
This is almost certainly the best post I have read on the VOC forum.
Rob, I hope that your dad is OK and Stuart, long may you continue to enjoy memories of your father.

Good to hear of good progress. Wish him well and a speedy recovery. Parents are wonderful things and worth telling them that. Glad I took the opportunity to let my Dad know how much I loved him when I could - three and a half years since he left us and I still find myself in the garage picking up the phone, dialling his number to just ask "how does this bit work...." before remembering he's not here anymore.

Dad and I marshalled at Cadwell for a Classic Race Day in the 1970's - "do you know what we are doing son?" he said.... "yes I replied.....(wasn't it obvious) - marshalling.

"No..." he says..."we're making memories that you'll have for many years to come..."

He was so right....could be a complete pain in the proverbial, but a wonderful engineer, never known him ever to be beaten and unable to repair anything....and I miss him loads.

He's around though.....if we meet sometime Rob I'll tell you the story about the engine number on a Honda Superdream I bought.

Rob - take care of your Dad, treasure him and make loads of memories together.....wish him well for a speedy and total recovery.

Cheers

Stuart