answers on a postcard please...................

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As I have refered to many times I only use a small GM PCV valve in the breather line once the engine starts and stability is established very little to and from air movement occurs
(many thanks to the unkown pioneer who had the courage to fit a french letter to his breather pipe many years ago)

greg brillus

VOC Member
Speaking of "Breathers"....What is the best system to run on a twin road racing engine without it looking like a post war "Plumbers Nightmare"...? this being the standard 1000 cc capacity with normal liners/muffs ( not nikasil...at this stage unfortunately) and running high compression 12:1 CP pistons on methanol fuel.....Does the elephants trunk method seem the easiest, or is there a neater alternative.......Come on all you experienced racers out there.....Cheers....Greg.

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
G'day Greg,
Despite all the nay sayers out there, I ran the standard timed breather and a second breather where the valve lifter aperture is. Never had any problems with excess oil ejected or excess build up in the sump. At the end of a weekends racing there would only ever be approximately an aerosol cap full of oil in the catch tank.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Greg, My brother Ron, Welded a bit of Alloy pushbike handle bar onto the middle of the ATD cover, With a pipe going up to an oil separator from a car, Then a pipe to the back of the petrol tank, It worked for me, Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
I had two pipes about 5/8 dia from caps on both cylinders both through GM PCV valves themselves about 3/4inch dia close to caps along and then down to a 500 cc container. (details see this months grey flash diary)
one seasons racing at the front 1275cc twin motor 3 teaspoons of oil (R of course :)) in the pot at the end of the season.
NB. belt drive so no breather there

greg brillus

VOC Member
Thanks for that guys....I guess i can put my hole saw back in the tool box for use another day....cheers....Greg.