answer to Vbert

Chrish

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Spoken to Terry Prince today and he confirms that the bike could have been black originally, when he purchased the bike it had several layers of multi coloured paint on the enclosures, he had to bead blast to remove the sheer volume of paint. He then went on to say "all my bikes are Red" I think he likes Red.:D

Chris

davidd

VOC Member
I was hoping that someone might notice that the center section of the touring fender on the black bike appears to be painted silver.

David

davidd

VOC Member
Diogenes has set me straight. The bike behind the touring Rapide is stock. However, below is a photo of the other side of the showroom. I would offer the photo to show that Indian did have a bias for the same styling of the Indians they sold and the Harleys that they were competing with.

To answer Hugo further, yes, there was a red Comet with a white seat, and the blue Rapide had a white seat. I do not have permision to show the Comet photo, but an article on the blue bike will show up in MPH with an original color photo, Editor willing. There is also a photo of Phil Vincent at the New York show standing with a red Comet with a white seat. I do not have a copy, but I have seen it.

negcycleshowroom2.jpg

David