Ano domini identification needed

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have now got this tool it works fine thanks everyone,now another question (Its a long time since I last connected up a Boyer ignition) on the boyer 2 leads goto the triggering device one is black with white tracer one is black with yellow tracer the pickup has two wires one brown, one blue. I dont think I can ever recall a matching set of wires on any instalation so thinking about the function of the revolving magnet trigger I dont suppose it matters which way round they are connected, am I right?

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Tim,
I've been in the garage and dug out a bag containing a complete Boyer system and the original instruction sheet. The sheet gives instructions for a Norton twin, positive earth and was kept a spare.
The sheet shows:
White , negative from ignition switch.
Red positive, to earth.
Black-yellow from black box to black-yellow on stator plate.
Black-white from black box to black-white on stator plate.
Black from black box to negative on one coil.
The two coils are connected in series with the positive of the second coil taken to earth.

If you have the stator plate wires connected the wrong way round it should not cause any damage although you may have to swap them round if it doesn't work as expected.

I once found that someone had soldered new wires onto the stator plate of his Commando and it would not start. From memory, when we swapped them around it was OK.

If this still doesn't make sense I'll see if I can scan the sheet and email it to you.
I have now got this tool it works fine thanks everyone,now another question (Its a long time since I last connected up a Boyer ignition) on the boyer 2 leads goto the triggering device one is black with white tracer one is black with yellow tracer the pickup has two wires one brown, one blue. I don't think I can ever recall a matching set of wires on any installation so thinking about the function of the revolving magnet trigger I don't suppose it matters which way round they are connected, am I right?