Misc: Carburettors Annoying 289 Carburettor Leak

poor1

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Funny thing was. He never came back to check.
Cost me a new boiler. Which was put in the house.
I should have just turned it back on.
And took his silly sticker Off.
My father was about 95 when a gas man called and shut off his gas stove which was working ok and left him high and dry with no means of cooking. Never heard from him again either, but he actually cut the lead pipe and bent it over making it rather difficult to reconnect and never offered to suggest an alternative.. I'm sure people like this are few and far between and generally they do a very professional job with safety in mind. Sorry to rabbit on.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's the not knowing about such things, That's how they get away with it.
I had never had a House before !,
You worry about House Insurance etc, But life's a risk !.

vibrac

VOC Member
My father was about 95 when a gas man called and shut off his gas stove which was working ok and left him high and dry with no means of cooking. Never heard from him again either, but he actually cut the lead pipe and bent it over making it rather difficult to reconnect and never offered to suggest an alternative.. I'm sure people like this are few and far between and generally they do a very professional job with safety in mind. Sorry to rabbit on.
When Ron Kemp lived in Central Aylesbury the gas man called saying "I want to read your meter"
Ron (this is him to a tee) "You cant"
After a few more attempts the gas man called with a policeman in tow who insisted Ron allow the man in. The gas man searched high and low and finally said "where is you gas meter?"
"Haven't got one" said Ron, "if you had asked me that I would have told you"
Exit policeman and gas man arguing...