• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Anno Domini

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
I thought bearing in mind all the downbeat talk of average age of Vincent owners I would recount this snippet.
You may know that another string of my motorcycle life is riding in the MCC long distance trials which now means my general transport for the night and day 300 miles Lands end event is a very tractable beta Alp 200cc trail bike (a real mountain goat)
However this year the MCC had a day road trial and so I used my 1952 500 Triumph Trophy with some trepidation (It turned out that it would be ideal for a Comet or a twin and was a wonderful 120 mile ride round central wales) anyway, at the start I had a talk with a helmeted rider on a Yamaha 600cc Single XT Trail bike "Isnt that a bit big?" I enquired
"No" said he "not after my BMW 1150 GS, I had to sell that last year as it was getting a bit much for me off road" then he added "but then I am 84".

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.