Angela Matthews & a well known Series A & pilot....

John Smith-Daye

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Angela Matthews.jpg
I found this on my mobile phone, thought it might be of interest to Members :)

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Fantastic trip and I stilll had to navigate to the AGM as Len & Angela didn't go, then left early 15:00 to meet up with Christine and the kids to take them back to France. Left the bike and trailer at Robin Blackwell's place so when we returned we put the bike on the trailer and drove home. We were sleeping most of the time. A very wet trip three punctures two at 70! Hairy, front!
Thank you for the memory John. Tank colour is being changed to maroon as Paul Adams has made such a nice job of the "A" Comet tank that she in doors wanted the same on the Rap as she thought it looked awful.
bananaman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Len Matthews

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I remember Marcus's visit very well.It was a very pleasant surprise to find a Series A Twin outside our garden gate! On another occasion Jacqueline Bickerstaff called on her way to catch the Hook of Holland ferry from Harwich. en route to the FIM Rally that year.She was concerned that a welded up gear pedal may not survive the journey and had we got a spare? We found enough bits and bobs of Series B linkage that could be used if needed,not sure if it was!