Spoiler photograph from April's edition of MPH

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
It doesn't look like that anymore!
The fetching shade of pink is only the undercoat but it will soon be a shiny red and the hull is almost finished. After a bit more fettling the engine will be ready to go in and a test run is on the not too distant horizon. After that it will go on permanent display at the club HQ building because this prime example of innovation and optimism over commercial common sense has been, generously, donated to the club.

What we need to finish the job are.... a 7" propeller, the rubber bow bumper and the '200' badges for the sides. If anyone has any of these that they would be prepared to donate, or even just let us borrow as patterns, then please let me know.

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I can report that the Vincent two stroke engine displays a most 'un-2stroke-like' readiness to start up and not break down. So much so that it even started second pull before a bunch of bemused onlookers when we tried it out this morning. Dick Sherwin got very excited and was last seen heading down river with a full tank of fuel.
Many thanks for the donation to the club. It will be a talking point in our headquarters building for years to come.

Miss Amanda Waterscooter

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I can report that the Vincent two stroke engine displays a most 'un-2stroke-like' readiness to start up and not break down. So much so that it even started second pull before a bunch of bemused onlookers when we tried it out this morning. Dick Sherwin got very excited and was last seen heading down river with a full tank of fuel.
Many thanks for the donation to the club. It will be a talking point in our headquarters building for years to come.

Fabulous to see it up and running. Well done to all concerned
Jennny B

rapcom

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If we had been at West Mersea rather than a shallow mill-pond, I would have wanted a wet-suit, a life-jacket, a safety boat, and an Air-Sea Rescue hecilopter, and I would still have sent you first !