An Ethanol Fighter?

ET43

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
A quick squirt around showed me that the lucasoil product is probably ok to use , but will not protect any petseal lining. Petseal Ultra is stronger and should resisit the ethanol fuel. If any additive has a title like fuel system cleaner, water remover, oxygenator, octane enhanser and rust inhibitor, then the chances are that it will contain alcohol which will exacerbate the action of any ethanol fuel. If readers feel the need to enhance their fuel, then go for an additive that is comprised of a petroleum based additive, usually 95% I guess this is why this stuff is not to be used in diesel engines. In the 'States items like Startron, Sta-Bil blue are recommended, but I have yet to do a UK search. Ethanol fuel goes through a phase separation after 35 to 40 days, and this is why the fuel you buy at the pump has to be mixed just before it is loaded into the delivery tanker. Phase separation is where the water content in the fuel separates out and sinks to the bottom of your tank. The petroleum based additives break down the water molecules and allow it to be burnt. Check out Fuel Testers.com and look for their additive list if you are unsure as to what to use. Tracey, as to your friend's tank, the only answer is to try to remove the petseal ,clean it and treat it with an ethanol resistant coating. I feel a Ban the ethanol fuel party coming on. Write to your M.P. and let them know what is going on. This stuff is evil. ET43,
Caveat Emptor and all that it implies.

vibrac

VOC Member
In the VMCC Mag today (P28) it claims Total petrol grade super plus is intended to be Ethanol free into the future
this is a finder page http://www.total.gb.com/apps_wex/finder/totalcard.cfm
Thats my plan of action untill the boffins settle the chemistry and sort it out.
Ive done my MP letter but like all local governments Westminster is only toeing the line.
Sod the EU and all its devious ways

nkt267

VOC Member
In saying that though, there are people still selling lead pellets to put in your tank to make leaded fuel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It may be an urban myth but I was told that these type of items were used on Spitfires sent to Russia during WW2..John

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Ethanol

The EU recommendation is that ethanol should be used UP TO 10%. It is up to national governments to decide how much is used. In fact 0.1% would satisfy the EU requirement. It isn't likely that you'll be told this, because if you knew, you might blame the right people, i.e. our government, or more accurately "government", who actually make the decision.
Apparently Britain alone is "ruled by Brussels" - no one else is - the Belgians certainly aren't. UK governments have realised that unpopular measures can be foisted off as "EU bureaucracy". This ploy has been working well for a couple of decades now.
You'd never know that the evil European Bill of Rights was the brainchild of Winston Churchill who thought it would be a good idea if the benighted across the channel had a proper legal system, based on the English one, and that the first draft, adopted almost unchanged by the EU, was written by an English KC, David Boyd-Carpenter.

In the VMCC Mag today (P28) it claims Total petrol grade super plus is intended to be Ethanol free into the future
this is a finder page http://www.total.gb.com/apps_wex/finder/totalcard.cfm
Thats my plan of action untill the boffins settle the chemistry and sort it out.
Ive done my MP letter but like all local governments Westminster is only toeing the line.
Sod the EU and all its devious ways