Amour Exhausts

dagriise@online.no

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Stainless pipes going yellow...

I had a set of stainless pipes on my R75/5 years ago. They turned yellow, and as far as i remember the trick was to simply remove the pipes, and give them a go with Turtle Rust eater, (start with a short reaction time, and increase as necessary) Rinse thoroughly, (its a phosphorus acid gel i think) and you should have a bright, but slightly dull surface ready for a go on the polishing wheel. Total renewal!

Regards Dag

nkt267

VOC Member
I have also noted that for stainless they stain quiet well i.e burnt on oil leaves a mark, waddaya mean Vincents don't leak...
I clean my stainless exhaust with oven cleaner,,Works a treat and is environmentally friendly..john

Howard

VOC Member
I clean my stainless exhaust with oven cleaner,,Works a treat and is environmentally friendly..john

I use a kitchen cleaner on mine (when I actually clean it). A manufacturer of SS exhausts asked me if I used Solvol, I said of course, only the best, and he said that's your problem! It still goes a straw colour with kitchen cleaner (SS worktops etc), but not as quickly.

H