Amour Exhausts

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Need a new exhaust for the twin and looking at the options, what are the Armour ones like, I vaguely remember that there were some issues with poor fit? what are the silencers like are they restrictive, noisy?

How do they compare with the VOC spares company types

Dinny

VOC Member
I'm not sure about the VOC ones but I ordered mine from Coventry here in the US in 2010. I had heard all the rumors and so asked where they sourced their's from and it was Armours. They said if it didn't fit send it back and it was a lot cheaper than getting one from the UK. Fitted no problem to my B and more than happy with it. I've also used Armours for my Norton and they fitted perfect.

Did not use their silencer.

Cheers

Mark

Dinny

VOC Member
A Sussex member has had big issues in terms of fit with an Armours stainless steel exhaust. One club night we did a comparison with an Armours mild steel version (that fitted perfectly) and they were very different, so it begs the question why there is one for sale on eBay.

Just to add, mine was chromed mild steel. I hate the look of SS exhausts.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Need a new exhaust for the twin and looking at the options, what are the Armour ones like, I vaguely remember that there were some issues with poor fit? what are the silencers like are they restrictive, noisy?

How do they compare with the VOC spares company types

Rob,
A friend of mine has recently fitted a set of "Armours" S/S pipes to his twin.#
He got a good fit by asking for the pipes to be over length and unflanged.
Bob Culver flanged them using his jig

HTH
Neil

shortun

VOC Member
Hi I fitted a set of Armour standard hard chrome pipes to my twin over thirteen years ago, the chrome on these are still really good the fit was great. I have bought a new set which I have put away for later, just in case they stop making them. I find that stainless pipes go strawlike in colour.

Colin

VOC Member
I have just fitted an Armours silencer to my Egli Comet, it is of the "straight through" absorption type, gives a nice sound and is not at all restrictive. It was a perfect fit with an adjustable bracket (which was handy on the Egli as it is not quite standard on mounting) The finish of the silencer can only be described as superb, no seams, no weld marks and EXCELLENT chrome. It was about £80 including P&P.I bought some Armours pipes silencers and other bits shortly after they started in business (early 80s I think) and they were not the best , their stuff now is in my view, second to none however

Phil Baker

Non-VOC Member
Yes, I agree with Colin - Armour silencer on the Comet is great! Previous Campbell one was far too restricted and choked the performance.

jim burgess

VOC Member
I fitted stainless Armours pipes to my Shadow, 12 years ago,no problem, I flanged them and they fitted just fine. But... where the two pipes join I think the angle is all wrong. This was pointed out to me by another section member and I have to agree with him. I have a very very old set of pipes which have been rechromed once and I got them in 1980, so they may be Stevenage vintage, there is a much genter blend of one pipe into the other, these are also a perfect fit. The stainless will go straw coloured over time and can be difficult to get back to a "hard" shine. I have also noted that for stainless they stain quiet well i.e burnt on oil leaves a mark, waddaya mean Vincents don't leak...
Jim Burgess