Misc: Everything Else Amal TT9 Float bowl

Keith Martin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
David, Thanks for helping. The used one matches what I have now. The new one is very nice. I wonder if it is possible to change the inlet banjo fitting as I have a few of the bowls with that inlet just not a 15 degree.
This snow is slowing progress as the power has been on and off at the shop.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Can’t say I’ve looked inside a type 14 with the smaller fitting, but on most other float bowls I’ve seen, the male part of the smaller fitting looks to be cast in, where the larger fitting is not. If that is the case here, then it‘s unlikely there is sufficient meat to bore the bowl out for the larger fitting. A peek inside the new bowl might tell you.

medat727

VOC Member
David, Thanks for helping. The used one matches what I have now. The new one is very nice. I wonder if it is possible to change the inlet banjo fitting as I have a few of the bowls with that inlet just not a 15 degree.
This snow is slowing progress as the power has been on and off at the shop.
Keith, I don’t think that will work, looked into doing that myself, as I stated earlier I’m waiting on another project, a recent Vincent barn find that has TT’s and the associated float bowls, if they prove to be acceptable I will gladly pass on the used bowl that you need, problem is it might be a month before I can confirm things.

Keith Martin

VOC Member
I looked at some bowls I have and the castings look to be a little different so the larger inlet will not fit.
I have a line on another one and will let you know.
With the weather here UPS is not delivering and I am waiting on the magneto to hear it run.

greg brillus

VOC Member
There is a good complete type 14 bottom feed with the large inlet to suit TT carbs and the correct 15 degree angle........eBay Uk under Vincent parts about the 20th item down on the first page.........first in best dressed......... Good luck.