• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

AMAL delivery problems ?

JaapDeurloo

Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
I have ordered a set of pre mono blocks for my Rapide in September 2012, and also a new carb for my 350 enfield.
But until today I have not received anything else then excuses about waiting on parts to complete the assembly.

Does anybody else here has the same problems, I am beginning to worrya bit now.:(

orwollma

Forum Website User
VOC Member
I have ordered a set of pre mono blocks for my Rapide in September 2012, and also a new carb for my 350 enfield.
But until today I have not received anything else then excuses about waiting on parts to complete the assembly.

Does anybody else here has the same problems, I am beginning to worrya bit now.:(

I've been waiting for a pair of Shadow Pre-Monoblocs from the Spares Co. since November, 2012. The Spares Co. says that the problem is at the AMAL end; Noticed that AMAL has had time to re-design their website tho...

Mark

minivin

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
When I walked through Burlens door last April, they sold me one off the shelf for my Comet. However, that was a year ago and they did mention that the next batch would have to get built before many other people could have them. It may be worth giving them a polite phone call and asking which parts are the problem at present. The VOCSC caused me a sodding problem recently by buying-up all of Hawker Electronics stock of replica Miller Regulator Cases two days before I ordered mine. Four weeks later I finally got what I ordered at a lower price than through the VOCSC. Some times it's worth waiting!

Martyn Goodwin

VOC Member
So .. who did you order them from?

Martyn Goodwin

VOC Member
I have purchased spare parts and complete carbs, AMAL that is , direct from the makers - Burlen Fuel Systems in the UK http://burlen.co.uk/ and have always had prompt and efficient service BUT you MUST actually talk to them on the telephone - they seems very bad at responding to emails. Then this is no different to Coventry Spares in the USA who provide outstanding service - again - you MUST use the telephone.
When I walked through Burlens door last April, they sold me one off the shelf for my Comet. However, that was a year ago and they did mention that the next batch would have to get built before many other people could have them. It may be worth giving them a polite phone call and asking which parts are the problem at present. The VOCSC caused me a sodding problem recently by buying-up all of Hawker Electronics stock of replica Miller Regulator Cases two days before I ordered mine. Four weeks later I finally got what I ordered at a lower price than through the VOCSC. Some times it's worth waiting!

greg brillus

VOC Member
Usually a problem due to the supply of slides......I waited patiently for ages for some new slides which i specifically told them were for the 289 Shadow pre mono's, and when they finally arrived they were for the 276's.....so even when you do call them, you still dont always get what you want. No wonder the good originals are the ones to buy when you can.......Greg.

JaapDeurloo

Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
So .. who did you order them from?

I have ordered the straight from Amal, through their website.

The AMAL Carburetter Company

http://www.amalcarb.co.uk/

Spitfire House, Castle Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3SB, England
Registered in England & Wales: Reg No. 2005550
Tel: 00 44 (0)1722 412500 Fax: 00 44 (0)1722 334221 email: info@amalcarb.co.uk

The AMAL Carburetter Company is a division of Burlen Fuel Systems Limited.

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
This is another wonderment for me> all this high tech talk runs about and then folks chose an ancient problematic carb. For general all-about use a Mk1 concentric does the job well. But, perhaps the side floats are for show? Maybe? Then stick them on for that purpose only.

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Photos from the 2022 North American Rally

Photos from the 2022 Annual Rally

Photos from the 2022 French Rally