ET: Engine (Twin) Amal carb jetting

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I don't have a clue what you are saying, I thought you knew I am useless,
I went into search because I knew I had helped ??, Someone before, And also I had it saved in that little star
At the top of the screen, And some how they have changed it.
I have seen web sites that are too old and have stopped, So I thought that is what happened.
I have used the site a lot for my Mk2 set up and also when doing a friends Mk2 s, It was very helpful.
But when I typed Amal etc, For les, It lit up so I tried it, it's not the same but I went in and found what I wanted.
There was a big W in front then Amalbritbike pgn or something, I have now deleted that.
Anyway I have got back the important bit.
There has been so many changes in the Mk1 and 2, And if you buy second hand, You could have all sorts.
I bought a Mk2 for my old Comet and it was set up for Methanol !!., But I sorted it and am very pleased.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks Neil, But I found what I needed and posted it, Post 6 here,
I just had to sift what I wanted from the other junk.
Where before it just went straight to it, I have used it many times for Mk1 and 2.
Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
How strange , I love my Mk2 s, I changed the methanol settings to what my site says for my Old Comet and have been very pleased, Can't think why I didn't try them years ago, I have tried most everything else !.
I liked it so much I got a pair for my Ex L/ning, Bit of trouble with slides and starting , But goes very well !.
Just wish they had a tickler, For cold starting, But I am getting used to what they need.
The Chokes aren't as good as my Dellortos.

And got another one for my Project :D .

Last edited:

Chris Launders

VOC Member
If your AMAL's are the old style with the built in pilot restriction this is usually too small for a Vincent, it needs drilling out with a 1mm drill and a 25 or 30 pilot jet using.

erik

VOC Member
IMG_5027.JPG