ET: Engine (Twin) Amal carb jetting

Les Thomson

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have Mk1 Amal carbs fitted to my Norvin ( Black Shadow 1954 cut motor )
I need a starting point for jetting carbs. Thanks Les Thomson

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
What a shame the Amalbritbike web site has been took off ??, I should have printed the pages ,
Any chance anybody did, I found it a good site , Telling us the difference between 2 stroke and 4 etc.
Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Sorry, That's funny, Just by typing what I have put above Amalbritbike I have got though to some of it ,
And yet my short cuts and what I found in search, Goes of into RUBBISH.
Bloody Computers :) , Or is it me again ?.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
If you scroll down they give you Mk1 setting for the size of carb' But as Martyn has said , Make the main jet a bit bigger for the petrol we now have for 30mm I would go 220 or 240, The bigger won't do any harm.

Attachments

• Amal+MK2+Carb+Manual (1).pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 16

erik

VOC Member
I would start with 200 main jets , 106 needle jets , needle middle Position, Pilot Jet No. 3 or with three rings if you have the modern style concentrics.

vibrac

VOC Member
Sorry, That's funny, Just by typing what I have put above Amalbritbike I have got though to some of it ,
And yet my short cuts and what I found in search, Goes of into RUBBISH.
Bloody Computers :) , Or is it me again ?.
Bill, goto the way back machine (WBM) https://web.archive.org/ aqnd type in the full www address of Amal brit bike (you dont say if its .com or .co.uk or?) The WBM generally captured 1 or 2 reiterations of most web pages then you can copy it and give us a set.