Amal Air Filters for Shadows

sid

Forum User
VOC Member
I found a pair of Amal Air filters amongst my father, Big Sid's, spares. The thread right on to the 289 road touring carbs. Is anyone familiar with these items? Information appreciated. thanks Matthew
IMG_4687.JPG

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
They certainly look more in keeping than the big clumsy Vokes filters.
Peter B
Wanted Series A Gearbox XBAPH or 2XBAPH or shell or stamped cover

Robert Watson

VOC Member
And they look great on the bike. These ones came new (as listed on the works order form) on the bike. I managed to find some K & N filters to stuff up the middle but of course carefully stored the old bits.
20180523_133746_HDR.jpg

sid

Forum User
VOC Member
Sid picked them up at a swap meet in Ohio in 1998. He had never seen a pair before. How common was it to come with the Vincent when new?

John French

Active Forum User
VOC Member
And they look great on the bike. These ones came new (as listed on the works order form) on the bike. I managed to find some K & N filters to stuff up the middle but of course carefully stored the old bits. View attachment 24477
Robert what size wheels are on that bike? My Rapide was originally in that touring style and I think it came with 18 rear and 19 front, now it's 19 and 19

Robert Watson

VOC Member
This was a well documented local bike and still had its original rims which were WM2 19 front and WM3 18 rear. They were replaced with Devon Stainless ones of the same size and shod with Avon Road riders, I think 100/90-19 and 110/90 -18