Am I unwittingly involved in a Monty Python Skit?

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
In todays eMail I get another one of these:
From: "The Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club" <webmaster@vincentownersclub.co.uk>
Subject: Rip Tragle! We miss you at The Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club!
Date: October 18, 2012 1:32:14 AM MDT
To: rip@airbits.com

Hello, Rip Tragle!

We've noticed that you've not been active on The Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?

If you don't remember your password, you can request it here: http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/login.php?do=lostpw
We hope to see you soon

Kindest Regards
The Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club
http://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk

As I have written to y'all I am a photographer and to show the details of Vincent work in progress I would like my photos to be large and workman-like - not to mention the work it takes to restore ruined "C" prints into a useable picture.
To do this I must be a club member, so for a few weeks I tried joining on line, filling out the required paper-work, only to find at the very end.... it doesn't work. I persisted in this manner for quite awhile as I believed this must be a
temporary glitch which will be corrected and wrote a letter to the forum pointing out this error..... honestly, what place would solicit on-line membership capability and not have it possible?
Bruce Metcalf (and others suggested) sent me a VOC form to fill in and mail. In these long weeks since posting it....... I have received not a word.
I suppose the next suggestion will to be to cross the pond on an Amanda and deliver the papers and dues in gold.
In the meantime, all this neglect has rather dampened my enthusiasm for this project as I have other things to do.

Joshua Mackay-Smith

VOC Member
Rip, you've got two active accounts (according to the forum members list), riptragle1953 and Rip Tragle. They're writing to the second one, since you've only been using the first.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Rip, Just to make you feel better, My Wife came home from a boot fair at the weekend, She picked up some bike books for me, One of them was "Motorcycle Collector" Canada 1993, With a very Glowing write up on your Egli !! Some nice photos too. You are now Famouse in Sunny Dorset UK. All The Best Bill.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
Rip : Is this the right forum for an argument?

VOC: I've told you once.

Rip: No you haven't!

VOC: Yes I have.

Rip: When?

VOC: Just now.

Rip: No you didn't!

VOC: Yes I did!

Rip: You didn't!

VOC: I did!

Rip: You didn't!

VOC: I'm telling you, I did!

Rip: You did not!

VOC: Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

Rip: Ah! (taking out his wallet and paying his subscription) Just the five minutes.

VOC: Just the five minutes. Thank you.

b'knighted

VOC Member
Rip, it will be unecessary to cross the pond on an Amanda and deliver the papers and dues in gold. We are all Vincent owners - payment in stainless steel will do!

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
Let me see if I can figure this out.... Rip Tragle is a member and riptragle1953 is not? Is that right? Well in my password file book there is no Rip Tragle listed.... just riptragle1953.
Therefore Rip Tragle has no password! Here we go again.

Joshua Mackay-Smith

VOC Member
Well, no, neither of them's a member--once your VOC membership paperwork goes through, then Graham or Tracey can member-ify you on the forum. All fun and games...