Misc: Charging Systems Alton Generator installation

Jez Nemeth

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Had same problem, now fits fine. been assured by a semiconductor expert there will be little issue providing airflow remains good -must admit...yet to be tested in anger, electrically all works fine -might have warranty issues though if ever need to return the unit :)

Attachments

• reg.jpg
    reg.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 11

vibrac

VOC Member
Wait till you get to a electric start Comet you have a switch a regulator and a relay poor old F106 looks like a Christmas tree the original Miller headlamp switch had a charge position that would have served as an ignition switch but modern copies leave those contacts out

Jez Nemeth

Non-VOC Member
Worth adding that the internals of these units will easily cope with temps of 100c, some more -you'd have lead in/out wiring problems before that. Seen Miller 'repo' plastic covers -so operating temp of air around it may not even be getting that hot -but must admit be nice to know the temp on the regulator on a hot day.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
How I mounted the Alton regulator, the magic box and vacuum advance for the ignition on my Comet. I did cover the wires with black shrink tube.
Mag Cowl Twin 031.JPG
Mag Cowl Twin 032.JPG
Mag Cowl Twin 033.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: