Alternators, brakes...

Alan J

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
brakes and watts.

All British bike clubs regularly go down this route!! "to brake or not to brake-that is the question?" {sorry about that} I'm a firm believer in not braking!!-as for "lights", I fitted a"Prince of Darkness" dynamo-albeit a car one many years ago-it might not look "standard" as a not forgotten member used to say-but it is reliable and Bright, jolly good "sur la continent" when the Gendarmes are about!! You pays your money and takes your choice!!:confused::confused:

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I like my beast to look reasonably stock on the outside...and functional, taking advantage of any thing learned over the last 55 years on the inside...

peterg

Non-VOC Member
Howdy Chaps,

CollingsBob: as we say over here in the deep south, Amen Brutha, an m.o. that has suited me well and - knock on wood - resulted in no pedestrian intervention in connecting point A to point B whilst aboard classic m/c's over the years.

And as for MrKen, spare set of forks, eh? And to think you knowingly left a bloke in need languishing with no FF2 and FF4 in the wanted section of the AMCA forum here. Tsk tsk.

I'll have to remember to leave my bar tab unpaid at the Broken Spoke this year and gesture casually in your direction to the bouncers when exiting the premises.

Last edited:

indianken

Non-VOC Member
Howdy Chaps,
(CLIP)

And as for MrKen, spare set of forks, eh? And to think you knowingly left a bloke in need languishing with no FF2 and FF4 in the wanted section of the AMCA forum here. Tsk tsk.

I'll have to remember leave my bar tab unpaid at the Broken Spoke this year and gesture casually in your direction to the bouncers when exiting the premises.

Peter,
Actually the forks belong to a friends original red Rapide which I should be working on now rather than pecking away with my index finger.

Roy,
Thanks for the compliment. Next job is mounting the air bag!

Ken Smith

vins 4 001 (676 x 507).jpg

peterg

Non-VOC Member
MrKen: ah yes, a dilemma to salivate over for mere working stiff mortals like me self, make room in the old shop for that original paint Crocker that only needs a little clutch fettling - using clutch plates fashioned from some cast off radial saw blades - and perhaps a points adjustment or restore one of less than a 100 completely red touring raps on 18/19's....as opposed to using it's fork bits for mocking up a disc brake setup...