ET: Engine (Twin) Alternative electric starters

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just as an aside, and I am sure your doc knows better than me, but my neighbour had a pacemaker fitted several years ago and he asked about welding and was told that the new ones were good to go. Not to be a smart arse but did you ask the doc or just presumed? I'd be lost without my welder.........

Cyborg

VOC Member
May I ask what paint you used on the pipes? When you say the smoke is from the paint, it it actually burning off or just baking? I’m wondering about painting a pipe and not sure what to use.
Nice work you do there.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Just as an aside, and I am sure your doc knows better than me, but my neighbour had a pacemaker fitted several years ago and he asked about welding and was told that the new ones were good to go. Not to be a smart arse but did you ask the doc or just presumed? I'd be lost without my welder.........

My pacemaker is two years old and they said no electric welding.

Les Thomson

Non-VOC Member
Robert some say yes & some no. I was using a inverter welder but do you take the risk ???

Les Thomson

Non-VOC Member
May I ask what paint you used on the pipes? When you say the smoke is from the paint, it it actually burning off or just baking? I’m wondering about painting a pipe and not sure what to use.
Nice work you do there.
It's just a high temp heat proof exhaust paint. Was going to wrap them in exhaust tape but was told by exhaust professional tape after a while can harden pipes & they can crack. May get them ceramic coated

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Robert some say yes & some no. I was using a inverter welder but do you take the risk ???
Just ask the doc for the make and model and then ask the manufacturer.

Neighbour was putting Chev LS engines into anything and everything from a 35 Chev coupe to a 48 Caddie convertible to Camaros, Chevelles and mid 80's chev van delivery trucks. was always making brackets, welding pipes and frames with zero issues.

Les Thomson

Non-VOC Member
Just ask the doc for the make and model and then ask the manufacturer.

Neighbour was putting Chev LS engines into anything and everything from a 35 Chev coupe to a 48 Caddie convertible to Camaros, Chevelles and mid 80's chev van delivery trucks. was always making brackets, welding pipes and frames with zero issues.
Should i flip a coin, heads yes tails no

Attachments

• Welding (1).pdf
    195.6 KB · Views: 16

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
The Welding is done !, She's running, Sounds good, We don't need Stress at our age.
Not worth the worry.
Good Luck, Bill.