Alp Sungurtekin 666 Vincent at the World Finals, SCTA September 29, 2020

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
What are those two altitude reading equivalents in barometric pressure?
I don’t think it translates directly to air pressure. I believe it has to do with temperature and humidity, as well as pressure.

Albervin

VOC Member
I guess the timing is by SCCA? These would then be National records ? To do this with what were bare crankcases only ten months ago is phenomenal and utterly amazing. To set a record on its first trip is amazingly amazing!!

davidd

VOC Member
The video of the start of the return run was done by Bill Lewis, who is Dan Chase's friend. I had passed it along from Dan Chase in Colorado. Dan has a place in Florida and when Pat sold the engine to Alp, Dan and Annie were kind enough to transport it to Colorado, where Alp and Jalika picked it up.

Thank you, Dan, Annie and Bill for the help!

David

davidd

VOC Member
I don’t think it translates directly to air pressure. I believe it has to do with temperature and humidity, as well as pressure.

Most racers use a Relative Air Density gauge to adjust for weather conditions:

David

davidd

VOC Member
I guess the timing is by SCCA? These would then be National records ? To do this with what were bare crankcases only ten months ago is phenomenal and utterly amazing. To set a record on its first trip is amazingly amazing!!

Alyn,

SCTA is the premier timing organization in the US having set the standard for timing at the Bonneville Salt Flats since the beginning. All of the records of Rollie Free, Marty Dickerson, Dave Matson, etc. were recorded under the auspices of the SCTA. They are also the sanctioning organization at El Mirage dry lakes.

http://www.scta-bni.org/2020-world-finals-results.html

SCTA.JPG

If you look at the top of the page (green lettering) you will see "2020 World Final Results." Click on that and this screen pops up. The yellow items are the links. Click on the link you want and if the info is there it will open. The info is uploaded at various times when it has been processed.

Alp is No. 113B and he has been running on the Short Course. Click on the short course times for Sept 29th and motorcycles are listed after cars, so he is on the second page in numeral order for the number plate (11 down from the top).

If you wish to listen to the broadcast of the event click on the green lettering at the top for "Live Streaming" and you can follow along. Racing starts at 9:00 in Utah or about 11:00 EST.

It is on right now:

It is a small operation, so there are short spans of nothing! If you turn it up you can often hear background noise.

The cars and bikes in impound have qualified for a record and run first every morning in the reverse direction. They are timed by the mile and the drivers/riders have to match their times to the mile that they achieved their fastest time in the day before.

David

Last edited by a moderator: