Alp Sungurtekin 666 Vincent at the World Finals, SCTA September 29, 2020

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
On Alp's first run today he turned a time 165.624 MPH which was higher than the existing record in the class. This qualified him to bring the bike to impound and return tomorrow morning to make the return run. The speed for the return run will be averaged with the first run and with luck, it will be higher than the record.

The weather will probably continue to be good for the remainder of the meet.

David

davidd

VOC Member
Steve beat me to it, but here is the rundown:

The old record in the A-VF (Special Construction- Vintage Fuel) was 149.973 by Performance Indian in 2018.

Alp's run yesterday was 165.624 MPH

Alp's run today in the opposite direction was 170.653 MPH

The average speed is 168.139 MPH

Assuming the math is correct and the bike passes scrutiny, that should be the new record.

Congratulations to Alp & Jalika and the whole crew!

David

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I assume so too, since his record in Modified frame (more restrictive than Altered aka Special Construction) Vintage Fuel record with a 650cc Triumph motor is 173 MPH. I think he has yet to add nitro to his fuel.

davidd

VOC Member
Bruce,

I don't think Alp would change classes. This is just my own opinion, but he probably wants to address any problems that have cropped up specifically at this meet. He may also want to redesign something that needs some type of adjustment. Additionally, he would want some more time on the engine so he knows how to squeeze more out of it. Finally, when he strips the engine down he may see something that needs a repair or replacement.

I would guess that he will keep working in the A-VF class and if all is well he would go the El Mirage meet at the end of October and see how well the bike working. The bike needs to be tuned differently for all of the fuels and with nitro, you have to tune differently for all of the different percentages of nitro you might use.

David

litnman

VOC Member
When you consider that this morning at Bonneville the density altitude was 4200' and this afternoon it was 5800' you can't guess at jetting and timing when running straight nitro.