Alloy cleaning

Englishman

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Do not, under any circumstances,use washing up liquid on any part of a motor cycle (or car), it contains a high percentage of SALT! this is added to make the product appear more luxurious to the people that use washing up liquid.
Englishman.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Its all right for you shiney guys I am looking for that grey matt casting effect as per Grey Flash any suggestions

alscomet

VOC Member
Try Fairy Power spray over cleaner, it removes most tarnishing(is that a word) quickly and leaves a dull grey finish,you can also use it to clean an oven. Alan

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Try Fairy Power spray over cleaner, it removes most tarnishing(is that a word) quickly and leaves a dull grey finish,you can also use it to clean an oven. Alan
Thanks for the info Alan, I am a little worried that you know how to clean an oven though...............aha! you must be single :p

johnmead

Non-VOC Member
Thanks Neil,
Now you tell me!!! I spent 22 years in the bloody RAAF and never "acquired" any, to be honest Neil I have never heard of it...is it a polish or a solvent? I am even tempted to try a mild acid of some sort, years ago a mate of mine was a pro car detailer and he said they used it to clean really bad alloy wheels?

Red

I just cleaned a set of early B cases in a very large ultrasonic cleaner. Water temp was 180 and I left them in there for 20 minutes. The cleaning solution was what the manufacturer recommended for aluminum. It did a great job on getting rid of the dirt that was in the rough sandcast cases. I only had to use a 3M pad on a couple of spots that did not come clean.

John Mead

alscomet

VOC Member
Yet Clevtrev I am single ,500cc worth of it,When you have done a good job on the oven you can then go into the garage to play OR SO I AM BEING TOLD. someone mentioned muffs but thats a different meaning in blighty you need something smoother than a scotchbrite to keep it shiney.Alan