Alloy brake plates ?

Nulli Secundus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Whilst I have never scrutinised an original I think zooming in on the brake plate on the left should answer your question.

vibrac

VOC Member
I have an identical set under my bench they are destined to improve the braking on the cooking comet this winter if other jobs get finished a few anomalies on the plate surface wont bother me so long as they are machined true, after all I will be riding not showing

phil_h

Non-VOC Member
I have an identical set under my bench they are destined to improve the braking on the cooking comet this winter if other jobs get finished a few anomalies on the plate surface wont bother me so long as they are machined true, after all I will be riding not showing
I will soon :)
Any pointers on the most important areas to check for trueness will be gratefully accepted.
I was going to send the shoes off to saftek as I have been very impressed with their linings on my velos, but does anyone have any other favourites ?

davidd

VOC Member
I have a set like these. I also have an old pair of Club front plates and the difference in quality of the Club plates is impressive. I would be worried (with the non Club plates) that the lack of quality in the castings might be carried over to the machining, but like Tim I will give them a workout.

David

vibrac

VOC Member
I have nothing but praise for saftek all I have ever used is the AM4 substitute does any one have feed back on the road linings?