H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Alloy brake plate dimensions Help….

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well Spotted, You can almost see inside, That the stuck on gauze has fell off ? :) ,
Mind you if I had known it was the centre hole, I could have just bored it out, And won the race !,
Or maybe not :) .
Happy New Year.

litnman

VOC Member
One lightning here has thin nuts and the other taller nuts. Taller looks better and
plenty of threads still left.
Front Brake copy.JPG

Cyborg

VOC Member
Jiminey cricket, which one is that? An old photo of 2749? I’m thinking yes because it has the front fender bracket.

Cyborg

VOC Member
While I’m waiting for brake cam bushings to arrive…… working on the sprocket adapter.
Next step is to bore out the centre to fit it onto the hub. To get the ends of the spacer parallel, I followed Joe’s advice.

9010F4BC-CA14-49B7-B9FB-B6A0BAD7E7CE.jpeg
12238C7B-2B5A-4B97-94E2-358F702DA9F3.jpeg

Last edited:

Cyborg

VOC Member
This looks nice, Just came up on the photos going across the top Forum page.
Yes I saw that one from the other side… or one similar? Maybe Litnman’s ?
I did think about slots instead of holes and may make some changes before I’m done. Probably best that I finish the required machining first (before investing anymore time), just in case the whole thing goes for $#*@. The slots would come in handy if my dyslexia or stupidity caused me to bore a hole in the wrong location.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Bill, I have no doubt you can do as well or better. You just need to sneak a metal lathe into the shop.

The sprocket adapter is still progressing while I wait for the brake cam bushings.
It is interesting (at least I find it interesting) that I can notice a difference in tolerances when I go out to the shop in the morning. Things have cooled off to the point where the sprocket is no longer a snug slip fit on the adapter. The spacer that fits over the hub needs to be held under my armpit for a few minutes before it will slip onto the hub.
6EDB01C5-4A0D-46C8-B01E-70C2B151C593.jpeg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Looks Good , Not another one like it ?,
I seem to remember Someone had trouble with the inner edge of the sprocket,
Not sitting right ?,
I am sure you know, Maybe put a slight bevel on it ?, To get it all the way on ?.

Don't Laugh, I may have to open up the flange on a Cylinder/Head on this :) .
Good Luck, Bill.

Attachments

• IMG_20210619_154609 (3).jpg
    IMG_20210619_154609 (3).jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 27

Jim Bush

VOC Member
I machined the SS pivot bolts for a set of Dan's alum brake plates, as per his drwgs.
Threaded in reverse away from the shoulder. Machined a flat on the flange to get a wrench on to tighten them in.

Attachments

• 20200425_160510.jpg
    20200425_160510.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 25