Alex Noftsger: Singer/Songwriter

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Reading the stuff here brings back so many memories.
Now about everyone years back knew Alex.... but didja also know he was a poet?
Alex loved the Blues..... and he really had a good voice and his style of delivery could have
you laughing your head off if he did "The Battle Hymn of the Republic".
We used to go down to The Molly Stark Inn on occasion, I'd take my guitar ..... we'd have a few pints and then
I'd back up Alex while he sang.
The crowd favorite was a 12 bar blues Alex wrote himself..... politically correct naturally: The Jonestown Blues

I'm a goin' down to Jonestown, got my baby by my side
I'm a goin' down to Jonestown with my baby by my side
We're goin' to sit out in that jungle
And drink some potassium cy-oooo-nide. (mmmmm)

There was more.... but I have forgotten it.

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
An old friend of mine told me recently he suffers severe and painful cramps as a side-effect from his medication, and was told to eat foods like tomatoes high in potassium. I recommended a supplement to instantly relax his cramps - potassium cyanide !!

deejay499

VOC Member
Alex was a great character. Nickname of Captain Sensible. Apart from rallies, we visited him at home where he cleared the land and had a landing strip and hangar for his plane. Enjoyed our time playing with his 'shooting range' which consisted of foreign motorbikes, televisions, washing machines and the like. Didn't know he was a poet and singer. Thanks for the memories.
Cheers, Dave

riptragle1953

Non-VOC Member
I heard from someone, I forget who, that Alex died alone up in his farmhouse and nobody found him for awhile. Grim and sad stuff that is. Perhaps someone knows more about Alex's end... this
is just grapevine info. A character indeed.... when I knew him he was known as Capt. Nasty.