Airy

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
here I am with a collection of air line tools and fittings basically my problem is summed up in one picture and so far even Google has let me down
1568988306491.png

what are these called? which is a PLC which is a Euro connector or is there another definition?
Does any one make a push on converter one to another half my gear has one half the other
if thats impossible because some faceless bureaucrat or selfish manufacturers association is phasing out one which should I convert to?

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
The one on the right is a pcl, the one on the left looks to me to be a cheap+ nasty chinese job. Adaptors can be made by fitting different bodies and "tails" together. In an ideal world it's nice to have all the same.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Does NPT refer to the threads, National Pipe Thread?

More on the variety of connector profiles:

Yes it it does actually. When I started to look up air couplers they were listed as NPT Air Couplers. I have a few older ones that are bayonet type fittings, where you push them into the line and twist to lock them together. But I haven't seen them in years. As I purchased new/more air tools I didn't feel like swapping my fittings from tool to tool, I just want to fit and forget and not have to swap before use. So I splurged and changed everything. Now you don't see the bayonet types. My preference is for the brass ones as they are non-sparking.
Steven