Air Hawk

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Anyone tried these seat pads?
I note the neoprene ones are almost twice the price of the poly watsit ones and they are £90
one recomendation is not enough......

Jim Richardson

VOC Member
I bought one to cure a whineing from the rear of my Hinkley, it seemed to cure the problem, but i have had the seat rebuilt with better shaped padding and better cover material.
However when I took the Hinkley to a rally in Portree last year I used the air hawk and splash/ dashed 610 miles each way, with no problems. I changed the amount of air in it every couple of hours, just to spread the load, it needs very little air, too much and you would be sliding about. I did get the expensive one, although I can't remember why, mine is the pillion version but it fits the front fine. for the use I get out of it I dont know if I would replace it, but if you were going to do loads of miles it would be worth it, but a lot of people swear by a sheep skin.

JimR

vibrac

VOC Member
Tim,
Save your money and goto Putnams ( www.putnams.co.uk/travel ) and get the inflateable stadium seat.
You do not want it fully inflated, to a hard state, rather still quite soft so that it supports your backside.

HTH
Neil

Took your advice bought one -static seating seems its the answer just working on modifications to hold in place then Greece here we come

vibrac

VOC Member
Took your advice bought one -static seating seems its the answer just working on modifications to hold in place then Greece here we come
Yes that cheap stadium seat was an absolute boon only partially inflate for full enjoyment and a single bungee holds it ,unfortunately on way back it got a puncture but since that was after 2000 hard miles I guess that will cover a lot of Vincent users for a year.... perhaps two :)
I will get another and try it with a cover and some green gloop

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Just done a 2.5 k mile jaunt to Gothenburg returning via AGM sat comfortably on an "A" Dunlop sprung saddle and the bike also has another Dunlop for er indoors as the original owner also had the same set up, bad side is that it lacks insulation in cold weather, (sheep skin should see it right)

Attachments

• IMGA0684.jpg
    IMGA0684.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 46

carlm

Non-VOC Member
Get in touch with the New Zealand section. There's someone there that used to make sheepskin covers for Vincent seats. Very nice!

Alan J

VOC Member
I have used a sheepskin for years, cost me a pound! Can use it on any bike, as a pillow as Paul says and makes a folding camping stool more bareable- bah!

Albervin

VOC Member
It is said that New Zealanders first discovered the joys of sleeping and sitting on sheepskin over 200 years ago. The Australians improved on it by removing the skin (and fleece) from the sheep before using it. :)