Misc: Everything Else Advice needed--what is the order of operations for re-commissioning a Series B that has not run for 2yrs?

brian gains

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Mark - while you are in the process of acquiring the necessary tools to service your machine pick up a set of Whitworth screw drivers, they will prove indispensable 8-/

Mark Stephenson

Non-VOC Member
Gents, need your help here:). So I have a "standard" spark plug puller. The Series B just came to me with these "smaller" sized plugs...question is, what would you think is the smaller size? Need to buy a one time use puller. Thanks for the help. Mark

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I agree with @MSVH Y3 that your plugs probably suit a 5/8" AF plug spanner. I had Citroen BX that had 14mm plugs deeply recessed in the head, which required a special very long box spanner (long tube with a hex shape pressed on the end and an integral tommy bar). I no longer have the car, or any plugs for it (tapered seat BTW), but I still have the spanner. It measures 5/8" AF. So plugs with that size hexagon exist with a 14mm thread.

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
Normal! :eek: Normal! o_Oyou cant get anything more normal than a 14mm spark plug:)
The first time I even saw anything different was in the late sixties when Ron Kemp put a 10mm spark plug in the center of his Flash cylinder head to "light the bonfire in the middle" I did not think anything except 14 and 18 mm plugs existed (apart from model airplanes) :D
I believe other motorcycles from "over the water are available with smaller plugs...(even I have one now)
Its a bit like chains and tyres once upon a time it was easy with a limited choice now its just another maze to traverse!
denso plugs fit and forget

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
I agree with @MSVH Y3 that your plugs probably suit a 5/8" AF plug spanner. I had Citroen BX that had 14mm plugs deeply recessed in the head, which required a special very long box spanner (long tube with a hex shape pressed on the end and an integral tommy bar). I no longer have the car, or any plugs for it (tapered seat BTW), but I still have the spanner. It measures 5/8" AF. So plugs with that size hexagon exist with a 14mm thread.
1.25 pitch