Advice on tyre choice and a supplier please

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Road Runners

I have been using Avon roadrunners but when I tried to order more was told that they are discontinued and are replaced by Avon Roadrider. These have a modern looking profile and seem to be hard wearing.
Hated them for the first hundred miles as they seemed to make the bike turn in quicker but either they have settled in or I am used to them as they are fine now.

Watling tyres 01474 321455 were very helpfull and knowledgeable.

Pete

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have been using Avon roadrunners but when I tried to order more was told that they are discontinued and are replaced by Avon Roadrider. These have a modern looking profile and seem to be hard wearing.
Hated them for the first hundred miles as they seemed to make the bike turn in quicker but either they have settled in or I am used to them as they are fine now.

Watling tyres 01474 321455 were very helpfull and knowledgeable.

Pete
Pete,

Much appreciated thanks. How many miles have you done on the Roadrider so far?

Cheers

Stuart

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Avon Tyres

If you Google Avon Tyres, you can find their website, select motorcycles and bung in your postcode. You will get a list of dealers near you who can supply and fit the tyres. I have a D so the sizes are different. You can also see the current range of tyres for your bike.

Pete Appleton

VOC Hon. Editor
Staff member
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Pete,

Much appreciated thanks. How many miles have you done on the Roadrider so far?

Cheers

Stuart

Stuart

I have done about 1000 miles on these ones so far, although next week should increase that.

Driving fairly sensibly my Roadrunners lasted about 6000 miles but we will see.
Pete