• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Misc: Everything Else Advice needed--what is the order of operations for re-commissioning a Series B that has not run for 2yrs?

Mark Stephenson

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Folks
Love your advise. What would be the order of operations for reviving a '50 Series B that previously was in top order, but has not run in 2yrs? I am the soon to be proud new owner and looking to get this bike back on the road. I have read Paul Richardson's Vincent and Know thy Beast and don't see anything on this topic?

Thx Mark

Mark Stephenson

VOC Member
Gents, need your help here:). So I have a "standard" spark plug puller. The Series B just came to me with these "smaller" sized plugs...question is, what would you think is the smaller size? Need to buy a one time use puller. Thanks for the help. Mark

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I agree with @MSVH Y3 that your plugs probably suit a 5/8" AF plug spanner. I had Citroen BX that had 14mm plugs deeply recessed in the head, which required a special very long box spanner (long tube with a hex shape pressed on the end and an integral tommy bar). I no longer have the car, or any plugs for it (tapered seat BTW), but I still have the spanner. It measures 5/8" AF. So plugs with that size hexagon exist with a 14mm thread.

Roslyn

VOC Member
Normal! :eek: Normal! o_Oyou cant get anything more normal than a 14mm spark plug:)
The first time I even saw anything different was in the late sixties when Ron Kemp put a 10mm spark plug in the center of his Flash cylinder head to "light the bonfire in the middle" I did not think anything except 14 and 18 mm plugs existed (apart from model airplanes) :D
I believe other motorcycles from "over the water are available with smaller plugs...(even I have one now)
Its a bit like chains and tyres once upon a time it was easy with a limited choice now its just another maze to traverse!
denso plugs fit and forget

Roslyn

VOC Member
I agree with @MSVH Y3 that your plugs probably suit a 5/8" AF plug spanner. I had Citroen BX that had 14mm plugs deeply recessed in the head, which required a special very long box spanner (long tube with a hex shape pressed on the end and an integral tommy bar). I no longer have the car, or any plugs for it (tapered seat BTW), but I still have the spanner. It measures 5/8" AF. So plugs with that size hexagon exist with a 14mm thread.
1.25 pitch

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?